January is a wonderful month to be in the greater Phoenix area, but what are the needs or things to remember regarding your landscaping here in our Arizona desert? This blog shares a few tips for your landscaping in Phoenix.
- Rose pruning and rose planting is best done in January if you own or want to own beautiful flowers in your landscaping. See this full video blog on how to prune roses at your home azlawns.com/rosepruning.
- Planting deciduous fruit trees in your landscaping is best done this month. Even citrus and other fruit are great to plant in January
- Many varieties of Oranges and grapefruit are ripe and available to pick this month.
- Watch for freeze warnings and cover your sensitive younger plants with burlap or sheets to help protect the branches.
- Prune back dead branches from trees & cleanup leaf shed and use leaf debris to compost if you have the ability.
- Wait to cut back frost sensitive shrubs until February if you can to protect the branches and life of the shrub. Non native species are more susceptible to not surviving our winter frost here in the desert.